[SGVLUG] Quantum leap in spam rate today?

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Sun Dec 24 16:25:43 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 02:49:17PM -0800, John E. Kreznar wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed a new quantum leap in the spam rate today?

No, but LA-Freenet issued a bulletin about a huge leap in the spam
rate of what they put in mailboxes (this was a few weeks ago).  And
I've been getting about twice as much spam as I got a year ago.  But
this is the residual spam after the Freenet filters it.  The bulletin
claims the main reason for the increase is not due to any increase in
spam but is due to the spammers getting better in evading spam
filters.  So we don't seem to actually have more spammers but do have
more spammers that have learned how to disguise their spam as
non-spam.

			David Lawyer