[SGVLUG] Camera recommendations?

Ted Arden ted at tux.org
Tue Sep 27 11:43:27 PDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Dustin wrote:

> OK, this is from the "I'm an idiot" file: we went hiking up to Sunset Peak
> and seem to have left the camera up there, as best we can tell.  It was a
> couple of years old so my info is two generations or so out of
> date--anyone have a recommendation for a good, relatively cheap portable
> camera?

umm.. been partial to the canon powershot series.
i'm kinda hard on cameras and these have held up
pretty good over the years.. the only ones that i have
taco'd are the ones that have fallen multiple stories
from my pocket/butter fingers, or the colorado river
dockside soakers.

you can find them on sale (i have the sd400 and love
it) for prolly under $300 now.

slr is way choice, but canon point/shoot are
pretty decent for the $$$.. plus, the form factor
kicks..

=ted=