[SGVLUG] longhorn catches up...

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Sep 12 23:40:33 PDT 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 08:52 pm, Emerson, Tom wrote:
> though this may not be as sinister as other microsoft
> "embrace / extend / extinguish" tactics as the very last
> sentance (as the video was fading out) was: "...and we've
> released these extensions back into the community through
> the creative commons license..."

"creative commons license" is extremely broad.

It includes everything from "All rights reserved" to
variants of the "MIT" license and the "GPL" license.
Except of course, that almost all of the CC licenses
are GPL incompatible, even when they are "free" (which
most are not by DFSG or OSI standards).

*Some* people use "creative commons license" to mean the
"creative commons attribution-sharealike license", but
would you trust a Microsoft rep to mean that? I wouldn't.