[SGVLUG] How fast spidering works PERIOD (was how fast spam spiders work.)

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 18:13:27 PDT 2005

--- "Emerson, Tom" <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:

> For those of you unaffected, you probably won't hear about this til
> you get home and watch the news, but about an hour or two ago there
> was a major power outage here in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
> In that amount of time, Google has already logged over 300 news
> stories about the fact... (I suppose it is equally scary that there
> are 300 stories to be told...)

and some of those articles aren't very friendly to linux...

"Damn Linux-based power supplies," one attendee remarked before it
became known that the outage extended beyond the convention center.

http://news.com.com/Power+outage+unplugs+Microsoft+conference/2100-1016_3-5861139.html?tag=nefd.top

best
matti