[SGVLUG] The Return of sgvlug.org

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 11 12:54:58 PDT 2005

On Saturday 10 September 2005 17:37, David Lawyer wrote:
> I wonder how many other sites that listed us have dropped us ??  We've
> been missing since late May (for for almost 4 months).  So shouldn't
> someone write an excuse to put on our site and explain that we are now
> back.  Then, after a couple of months, remove this.

Good point -- our "stand-in" website had alluded to this initially, but was
phased out as it "became" the de-facto site more and more.  I've now posted a
news item giving a few more details [and again thanking Frank for his time
and energy in the past -- I wanted to put the most positive spin on the fact
he no longer provides this as a "service" to us -- something along the lines
of "his business is too successful" -- but that can imply things the wrong
way (as in "he doesn't care for/about us anymore", which I'm sure is the
farthest thing from the truth)

Also, now that we have actual content that is "no longer published", I've
opened up the "archive" link -- it seems to work a little funny, so let me
know what you think.

Tom

--
Top o' the Blog: Too hot to handle