[SGVLUG] any recommendations - pci wifi card for linux

acidrein acidrein at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 10 09:55:28 PDT 2005

Of course, Y.M.M.V...

I'm using a generic (Zonet) 802.11b/g PCMCIA card with a Ralink chip
set. I had to compile ( http://www.bb-zone.com/misc/rt2500/ ) the driver
module for earlier versions of SuSE, but the card was supported "out of
the box" by SuSE 9.3.

Ralink provides the driver source code here:

http://www.ralink.com.tw/supp-1.htm

And a list of hardware is here:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware
and here:
http://ralink.rapla.net/

*Warning: Watch for the card vendors changing chip sets without notice!*

Main project page:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Hope this helps,
Michael