[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Hershel Remer unixrabbi at rabbs.com
Fri Sep 9 09:20:43 PDT 2005

BS"D

Our friend Martin writes:

> if you do not want the public see you missbehave, then don't missbehave
> in public.

I don't think answering a question incorrectly is considered "misbehaving". I
do think that the fear of having our incorrect answers and other types of
errors that we make immortalized on the Internet will seriously deter good
people from posting answers and information to the list. That is a sad fact. I
would like to think that everyone in this world believes that people are
human, and humans make mistakes, as was suggested by our friend David, but I
just don't know that to be true.

That is a huge reason why I doubt UUASC will ever put emails on the Internet.
We have longtime contributors to our list who will clam up if what they write
goes unfiltered to the association's web site. We would much rather have their
input on our list than have the resources of a web archive, especially when
all emails are archived in email form anyway. And, as for outsiders finding us
without any web archives available to them for their perusal first, well, with
285 members, our general list isn't exactly hurting for membership right now:

http://www.uuasc.org/general.html

> you can not be sure that anyone is quoting you off list.

I don't care if what I write is quoted, but I still consider it poor manners
to take stuff and post it on the web elsewhere. Maybe I am just old school or
living on a different planet.

Csivah v'Chasimah Tovah !!

-- the unixrabbi

Old school and living on a different planet.