[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Hershel Remer unixrabbi at rabbs.com
Thu Sep 8 16:21:58 PDT 2005

BS"D

Our friend Dustin continues:

> Some time you must explain the sudden paranoia and what you are so afraid
> of that justifies crippling the archive for nothing.

Again, there's no time like the present. :)

And, just for the record, I'm not paranoid -- I can't help it if everyone's
out to get me.

Ok, here's a small example of the problems of webified Internet-searchable
archives:

ACT I
-----

Dustin> Howdy Doody, you're a moron for writing that, and everyone knows
Slackware has no documentation.

Rabbs> Uh, Mr. Genius, Mr. Doody didn't write that, and Slack has great
documentation, you just need to learn how to find it.

Dustin> Well, that's not my fault that Caltech never taught me how to read and
look things up.

ACT 2
-----

Hiring Manager> I need a top-notch C programmer who knows Linux.

Human Resources Dweeb> Well, I found this one guy named Dustin. He comes
highly recommended. I have only heard good things about him.

Hiring Manager> Let me research this fine Dustin fellow, and I will get back
to you.

ACT 3
-----

Hiring Manager> Ok, so who is this Dustin? Let's see what Mr. Google has to
say about him? Wow... he has some 3.5 million hits. Well, let's take a peek at
the first one. .....  what's this about?  Seems he likes to criticize people
publicly and often directs his criticism at the wrong person, makes incorrect
statements about Linux and admittedly doesn't know how to investigate things
thoroughly. I thought he came highly recommended. I wonder who else is
available.

----

Ok, that is an exaggeration of the problem, but I think you all get my point. ;-)

Rabbs is chasing [my] CSI !!

-- the unixrabbi

Have you got a question about sex? Wondering about unix? or just curious why
the Jews were chosen and the rest of you Gentiles were not? Well, why not get
your answers from the Rabbi Rabbs himself at:
http://www.thedingdongshow.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=7 .