[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Sep 8 12:11:44 PDT 2005

http://www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug/2005-June/000004.html
http://www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug/2005-June/000014.html
http://www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug/2005-June/000015.html

Admittedly, these were written when very few people were "on" the new list, but it points out that the e-mail HEADERS now contained a reference to an archive [albeit an incorrect reference...]

The last two above is where we discussed the text of the message you get "when you sign up", i.e., the "welcome to the list" confirmation message; in particular, the last line of the "customized" content reads:

     "SGVLUG is now a mailman list and has some new features like archives,
and Web based add and remove functions.Welcome to the SGVLUG at sgvlug.net mailing list!"

> Was I sleeping when that act of good manners was made before
> the policy was radically changed for the first time in years?

must have been -- review the full "ping" thread in the June archive for details

> I personally can't stand web-archived lists, but I really get
> annoyed by ones that retroactively post my emails on the Internet.

while I rarely use them, I do find them to be of value -- note how I was able to research how and when we "told" you that the posts were going to be archived from now on :)

> Csivah v'Chasimah Tovah !!

I won't ask