[SGVLUG] Cheap drives at Fry's

Jeff Kutz jdkutz_68 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:37:43 PDT 2005

So....  This seems to be the newest fad. A few months ago I was in Fry's
looking for a hard drive and as I was about to pick up a unit for $120 the
clerk came by stocking the shelf with 60 GB Western Digital units for $20
after rebates. I grabbed one and thought it was my lucky day. Then a few
days later I felt like I could use another bit of luck in my life so I went
back to buy a spare drive. It seems the 15-20 units the clerk was stocking
that night was all the units that store was allocated; and of course they
were probably gone 35 minutes after I got mine.

I guess the lesson is that when you see a deal like this you have to jump on
it (or have a friend working at Fry's to give you a heads-up). I suspect
they are teasers, meant to get you in the store rather than to have one
available to sell to you.

I do appreciate the link to Fry's online presence, I did not know about
that...     Jeff