[SGVLUG] International keyboard issue (really short this time)

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 7 01:12:51 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 07:10, Terry Hancock wrote:

> This feature is called "dead keys" by the way. It's waiting to see
> if you wanted the quote character to form a diacritic composite
> character with the next key type (e.g. ` + u = ù).

ahh -- yes, I knew what it was "doing", but not what it was called.  Thanks.

> I believe I had to make changes in my XF86Config file to fix this
> when I had the problem (but that was a couple of versions of X
> back and I was using a plain window manager, not KDE, at the time).

I might be able to make a "custom" keyboard layout that has the multimedia
keys defined but NOT the dead key feature, but that'll be "under the hood"
type investigation...

--
Top o' the Blog: Too hot to handle
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html