[SGVLUG] Re: sept. meeting

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:54:33 PDT 2005

On 9/6/05, Hershel Remer <unixrabbi at rabbs.com> wrote:
> BS"D
>
> Well, no one responded to my request for an email announcement of the upcoming
> meeting, and no announcement has yet to be posted even though the meeting is
> only two days away already, so I went ahead and created my own email
> announcement about the sgvlug talk and posted it this morning to UUASC.
>
> One thing I wanted everyone on this list to be aware of --  Matt starts his
> vacation Friday morning (actually begins when he clocks out on Thursday
> afternoon), so he is officially using his own time to come speak to sgvlug. I
> think that is very nice of him to do, and I hope it is similarly appreciated
> by us all.
>
> -- the unixrabbi

It's been posted on the Caltech Calendar and went out in the weekly
alert that went out this morning to subscribers:

  LINUX USERS GROUP MONTHLY MEETING
    Matt Ingenthron from Sun Microsystems will review Sun's involvement
    in the various open source communities and talk a bit about the
    latest, greatest hunk of intellectual property Sun has released to
    the wild: OpenSolaris. At 7 p.m. on September 8, in Downs 107.
  Details: http://today.caltech.edu/today/story-display?story_id=9362

hmm that doesn't show the details of when but if you search the
calendar it's here:

http://today.caltech.edu/calendar/item.tcl?calendar_id=57421