[SGVLUG] The Meaning of Silence

John Riehl jcriehl at mail.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 1 12:38:25 PDT 2005

Dustin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Only two people have responded about Monday, and those were OK with either
> the 5th or the 12th.  While it's somewhat short notice, I'd prefer the 5th
> both because I hate to put this off any further and also because there is
> some possibility I could make it to the talk that Hershel mentioned, even
> though it's down in OC and a thoroughly awful drive at that time of day.
>
> Should I take silence as assent to the 5th, or rather as a sign that it's
> too late and interest has already evaporated? :-)
>
> Dustin

The 5th is labor day, a holiday.

I am interested but, when it comes down to it, I often just dont have
the time, or sometimes I am just too burnt out.  Hence, I dont think it
is fair to express an opinion, when I might not be there.   the 12th is
iffy, the 5th is right out.

as far as day of the week, monday would probably be okay.

jr
john riehl