[SGVLUG] Cool Tools -- any volunteers? (or suggestions)

Swantje swantje at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:07:15 PDT 2005

> is there a utility or program that you use (or would like to use) but
can't remember all the switches and parameters?

Yes.

1) startx (tend to forget how exactly to put the parameter for a second
login on a different display than the default)

2) Then there is one where I even forget what the command is. Sometimes I
need to restart the print queue for one of the printers at home. I can never
remember the command to do so, I always have to look at the cheat sheet.

-- I guess I could think of an easy to remember alias for the above...

3) tar

Swantje
--
"Small things done with great love will change the world."