[SGVLUG] default route

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Nov 28 10:52:27 PST 2005

If your system uses the Snn/Knn files to Start and Kill
processes as you change runlevels, you could try creating
a (very) simple file that contains your route add command.
Call this file "Startroute" or something similar (usually
placed in or near /etc/rc.d), then create symlinks to this
file in /etc/rc#.d (where the "#" corresponds to the runlevel.)
The actual name of the link file should be "S99route" or
similar, the "S99" being significant here, to ensure this
happens LAST in the overall startup sequence.

This doesn't "cure" the problem proper, but at least it
"treats the symptom" so that (for you) it isn't a problem.