[SGVLUG] default route

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:52:30 PST 2005

On 11/28/05, Max Clark <max at clarksys.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> There is a couple of different ways you can set this - I use
> /etc/sysconfig/networking.
>
> HTH,
> Max
>
> [maxc at www ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
> NETWORKING=yes
> HOSTNAME=www.cthought.com
> GATEWAY=216.152.251.65
>
> --
>    Max Clark
>    max [at] clarksys.com
>    http://www.clarksys.com
>
> James Neff wrote:
> > Greetings fellow LUG'ers,
> >
> > I am running Mandriva Linux release 2006.0 (Cooker) for i586 and have a
> > routing question.
> >
> > My default route is not being saved in between reboots.  Where is the
> > BEST place for me to add the default route to a configuration file?
> >
> > The route is correctly entered into
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 but for some reason its still
> > not coming up automatically.  I have to use the "route add default gw "
> > command every time after a restart.
> >
> > Thanks,

I'm running Mandrake LE 2005 and the contents of my
/etc/sysconfig/network looks  something like this:

HOSTNAME=myhost.mysubnet.mydomain
NETWORKING=yes
GATEWAY=w.x.y.z

This was set up automatically during the install but you can always
rerun the GUI tools which are called the Mandrake Control Center which
you can get to via the task bar Menu->System->Configuration->Configure
Your Computer or typing /usr/sbin/mcc at the command line.  It
eventually calls /usr/sbin/drakconnect to handle the networking stuff.
 You might need to enable expert mode to see some of the settings.
Try a Google search for "mandrake mcc".