[SGVLUG] rpm hell

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 20 16:33:37 PST 2005

Thanks.  I think you are asking the linux distro: redhat 8.0 and the rpm
for libmyswlclient is at
http://rpmseek.com/rpm-dl/libmysqlclient12-4.0.15-62447cl.i386.html?hl=com&cs=mysqlclient:PN:0:0:0:0:2294061

the openssl I tried is at
http://rpmseek.com/rpm-dl/openssl-0.9.7c-3mdk.i586.html?hl=com&cs=openssl:PN:0:0:0:0:1369281

I think I have two holes in my knowledge : how rpm resolves dependencies
and how shared objects are versioned.

I am wondering  if I d/l the source for libssl and libcrypto and compile
whether that will be detected by an rpm install for  libmysqlclient.