[SGVLUG] [Fwd: LINUX Distro]

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Nov 17 11:28:14 PST 2005

Unless you plan on being a unix system admin, I wouldn't start with
Debian.  That being said, back in '98 I started with Debian and haven't
used any other distro until recently when I wanted to learn a few other
flavors.  If you want to be close to the bare metal, then slackware is
for you.  Debian tends to have nice defaults available (typically it is
all commented out on install, but is as simple as removing comment marks
at the beginning of a line.)