[SGVLUG] Two Things...

Chris Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:09:23 PST 2005

On 11/14/05, Matthew Gallizzi <notixnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I think we should have contact information for the speaker (cell if
> possible). Might of helped in this past case... Chris was at work and just
> completely forgot. Whether or not he was prepared is a different story :)

I'm always prepared! ;-)

Actually, in truth the level of positive feedback I get to a
presentation seems to be inversely proportional to the amount of work
I put in to preparation for said presentation. Just one of those weird
bits of reality.

> But just in general ... I think in case something like this happens we could
> know what's going on. And FYI, someone asked Tom (I think) to google Chris's
> name ... Chris said his name was in the yahoo directory. Why did we google
> when he works for yahoo? Hehe...

Even worse... my home number is in whois. That would have gotten you
my wife, who would have been annoyed to find out that I wasn't going
to be coming home soon, but who would have got in touch with me. Then
there's my Yahoo IM id which corresponds pretty well with my Yahoo
e-mail address (for obvious reasons).... Lots of ways to get in touch
with me, all of which are less efficient than me just remembering my
appointments. :-(

--
Chris