[SGVLUG] Possible "Cool Tools" topic

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Fri Nov 4 07:29:10 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Jeff Carlson wrote:

> Dustin wrote:
> > OK, I'll mention that.  It's easy.
>
> And setting the refresh rate.  Xconfig file syntax in that regard is
> pretty much a foreign language to me.

Let's review the title of the series: "Cool Tools I Don't Really
Understand."  You may have mistaken me for a much more knowledgeable
person. :-)

I know how to google to find the monitor specs and set the horizontal and
vertical refresh ranges and resolutions with the config script.  Or at
least I re-learn it successfully every time I have to do this. :-)  Not
necessarily more than that.

> Eh, maybe it should just be everything you ever wanted to know about X
> but were afraid to ask.

Good idea.  Do you have a speaker lined up?  I'd like to hear that talk.
:-)

Also, this isn't the main talk, this is a 5-10 minute opening slot.  I'm
guessing everything about X might just take a *bit* longer than that, and
not fit into the not-too-complex target level either.

> ...In which case, I should kidnap Pix, he's real
> good in that area.

Sure, bring someone to raz me. :-)

Dustin