[SGVLUG] Possible "Cool Tools" topic

serross at ix.netcom.com serross at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 3 14:19:45 PST 2005

OK

-----Original Message-----
From: Dustin <laurence at alice.caltech.edu>
Sent: Nov 2, 2005 9:42 PM
To: SGV LUG <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
Subject: [SGVLUG] Possible "Cool Tools" topic

Question--how many people were interested enough in my little "monitor
adjustment" note that they'd like to see a "cool tools" talk on the topic?
After I wrote it I found a rather excellent little graphical utility for
setting the monitor parameters, and could probably cover it in a cool
tools-sized slot.

The fun part is that it isn't in any distro I've seen, but it's about the
smallest and simplest bit of code you're likely to want to install and
most people could build it from source without too much likelihood of
trouble.  If Mike would let me, I had in mind to try downloading,
building, and using it live on his laptop. :-)

Sure, I could just install the binary version, but I'm no coward.  :-)

Dustin, "everyone that wants to see me smoke Mike's laptop live, raise
         your hand"