[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:49:11 PDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Dustin <laurence at alice.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Douglas Burton wrote:
>
> > >Just install a few software packages and let people play for a bit before
> > >deciding what we like.  Perhaps even write up what we did/didn't like and
> > >make a collective presentation to the LUG about the different packages we
> > >tried.
>
> > reason to build one from scratch in this case. I've been itching to try
> > out some of them, so I'm game.
>
> OK, nobody else said they were interested, but I went ahead and created
> a SGVLUG test site anyway: http://sgvlug.laurences.net.  I randomly picked
> Mambo as the first CMS to install.
>
> Check it out, especially the web team.
>
> Dustin

cool.   i've played with mambo and liked it and was thinking of
hosting a mambo test site for sgvlug but i'm in the middle of
rebuilding my server at home yet again - wanted to upgrade to latest
version of mandrake/mandriva.

anyway, i've registered at your site but i think you should open it up
a bit so people can experiment with submitting news, maybe play with a
blog, etc.  you might want to turn off some of the ads so people don't
get the wrong impression that its only geared toward commercial web
sites.

claude