[SGVLUG] New content added (and a writeup needed)

Jason Riker jasonrkr at charter.net
Wed Jun 29 06:38:13 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 22:40 -0700, osnut at pacbell.net wrote:
> hand-in-hand for the call-for-webmasters is the fact that we now have a
> speaker lined up for not only our next upcoming meeting, but the one after
> that as well!  We need someone to write up a bio and/or eye-catching
> paragraph on who is presenting and something about the topic.  "right now"
> this can be e-mailed to myself or Michael as we're the only ones with the
> keys to the castle, as it were, and we'll cut-n-paste it into the website.
>
> I've also posted the short presentation/tutorial on setting up ntp for use
> within a local network -- it could be a bit better overall, so I welcome
> comments about it (it's linked under the "meeting summaries" caption on the
> right)

Tom,

Here is the Topic/Bio info for Orv.

Bio:

Orv Beach has been messing with computers for over 20 years.  His first
experience with computer operating systems was with CP/M, in the early
'80s.  His first Linux was Slackware, in 1996. Since then he's moved to
Red Hat Linux and then Fedora Core.  While not a programmer, he's
actively involved in the Linux community.

He's a principal member of the Simi-Conejo Linux Users Group, the
Marketing chair for the Linux Expo of Southern California, and is
currently employed as the Information System Director at Simi Valley
Hospital.
Topic
Orv will demonstrate various command line commands and utilities that
are useful for administering a Linux system.  He'll throw in a few basic
bash tricks as a bonus.