[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 28 12:09:56 PDT 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> heh heh heh -- I've been thinking of posting a new message entitled
> "please welcome our NEW webmasters" and indicting

I suspect you meant inducting, but from my point of view indicting is even
more appropriate.  Freudian slip? :-)

> ..., Dustin, ...

To quote someone: "If nominated, I will not stand; if elected, I will not
serve." :-)

Seriously, I won't be able to put

> and all of you replied with your "suggestions" -- how many of you are
> willing to acutally implement your suggestion and maintain it for the
> group? :)

I might maintain a small page about the Box O' Linux (perhaps the current
contents, for example), but not general infrastructure.

> To that end, one package that I've used is movable type, and this

Why a closed system instead of, say, WordPress?  This is a Linux group,
after all.  I run WP at home, and it's pretty trouble free except for the
spammers who try to spew ads all over it.  I can't believe that none of
the many Software Libre packages are suitable.

But in any case it doesn't seem like blogging software is what we want,
except perhaps as one component for news and such.

Dustin