[SGVLUG] Ping

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Jun 20 14:04:59 PDT 2005

I thought about it at lunchtime and this was kind of the conclusion I was coming to.  Perhaps when "the list" is up for everyone, we can get a "mailman" expert to tell us how to fake it... (hmmm... perhaps a /etc/hosts entry needs to have www.sgvlug.net first on the list?)

> [...]
> So should I Invite or add The list of People I have?
> Right now this list only goes to Matti, Dustin, Tom, and Me, plus the
> archive.

Funny you should mention that -- just got an item today from Greg Stark asking how he can help.  I'll BCC: my reply to him to this list, but the short-story version is basically the last line:

   "...  I'm a little unsure (personally) about announcing this "new" list "right now".  If I can get a good feel for just how soon the .org domain will be released to our care, I'll have a better idea of whether we should tell people now or keep it as a "plan B" address."

without annoying Frank to the point of snapping at us, is anyone able to get a good estimate of if/when this is/will be done?