[SGVLUG] Test site changes

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Mon Jul 25 16:43:42 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 11:55:45PM -0700, Dustin wrote:
> OK, I've added David's Simple HTML demonstration as an example test site
> linked from my main SGVLUG test page.  I've also expanded the list of
> test sites into a table with some comparison info--what I listed so far
> isn't all that great but it shows the idea and gets us started.

Thanks for adding my test site.  I've improved it a little in content and
layout.  Perhaps some of the content, such as describing how to get to
107 Downs in writing, can be eventually put on the main site.

While my first try at creating the html using LinuxDoc resulted in
pretty simple html, I didn't like the results and used more complex
features of LinuxDoc which has resulted in much more complex html with
a lot of cross reference (a-tags) that look simple in LinuxDoc
<ref-tags) but are nearly unreadable in the html rendition.

So my experiment has failed.  I was hoping that using simple LinuxDoc
would result in simple html, but it hasn't.  I should have known this
as I've been using LinuxDoc for a long time, but almost never bothered
to look at the html created from it.  This is likely the case of
many people who use special html editors to create html: they know how
to use the editor but don't bother to look at what a mess they've created
in html.

			David Lawyer