[SGVLUG] Meetings

Dennis Birney DennisBirney at msn.com
Sun Jul 24 23:21:17 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, David Lawyer wrote:

>> Well, I think it wrong for sgvlug to have any presentations >> that are
not pro free software (pro GPL plus).

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Dustin wrote:

> I don't know if it will surprise anyone, but I entirely
> disagree with this.  It's very worthwhile to know what
> people are doing and saying,  whether we agree with them
> or not.

> To paraphrase Sun Tsu: "If you know only yourself your
> chances are fifty-fifty.  If you know yourself and your enemy
> you are not in danger in a hundred battles."

Cent, cent (for what it's worth -- pun intended).

I collect old sayings and one that applies here, I believe, is, "Keep your
friends close and your "enemies" closer."

After all, this is competition and if we don't know what we are competing
against, how can we compete?

Can ya'll tell that I agree with Dustin?

Thanks for your help,

Dennis W. Birney