[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters

Douglas Burton doug at augustarts.com
Sun Jul 3 05:54:43 PDT 2005

Dustin wrote:

>I'm not sure CSS is entirely yay, though--besides
>my personal revulsion at the strange crap web designers have ended up
>with,

That's like saying C++ is a bad language because someone wrote a bad
program with it. There are plenty of bad web designers out there that
have never heard of CSS, and they will produce bad designs no matter
what tools they use. But if they do use CSS properly (and valid markup),
at least their pages will have smaller filesizes, cleaner code, more
semantic markup, and they'll be easier for a good designer to rework.

>I thought IE didn't support it right.

True, IE handles certain CSS declarations poorly, but there are simple
workarounds for its quirks.

Doug