[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters

Douglas Burton doug at augustarts.com
Sat Jul 2 09:42:33 PDT 2005

Dustin wrote:

>>There is some concern about the "banner" that appears -- this can be
>>used for good or evil it appears
>>

>Ooh!  Evil!  Evil!  I vote for Evil!!!

Fear not! I used my powers for good and created a non-evil banner.

>I think there is a template facility, which is probably what controls
>layout.

I'm assuming (without having done any research whatsover to back it up)
that we can customize and/or create the templates to do whatever we
want. The default template is a combination of table-based layout (boo)
and css (yay). It's awfully busy.

>What threw me is that the way they distinguish mouseover from
>non-mouseover for icons is to grey them out normally and then color them
>in on mouseover.  Logical, I guess--but doesn't *Every Freakin' GUI
>Program In the World* use greyed out buttons to mean "not available"?  I
>think so, and so I tend to just skip right over greyed out things.  Took
>me a while to realize all the controls are greyed out until you mouseover
>them.

Yes, I too found that to be counterintuitive.

Doug