[SGVLUG] Installation sources for YOU [SuSE specific...]

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Aug 26 16:58:24 PDT 2005

A while back, on the DVD thread I believe, I mentioned that you can set additional "installation sources" in "YOU" to ease installation of packages on SuSE.  This is SuSE's version of apt-get, Yum, red carpet, and similar distro-specific installers.  Just in dinking around, I found the following page on the OpenSuse.org "wiki":

     http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/YaST_package_repository

which has links to Packman, guru's, Scorot, and other non-Suse-managed sites that can be included as an "installation source".

Pay heed to the following note on this page:

Note: YaST fully trusts installation sources and does not perform any kind of authenticity verification on the contained packages. So be careful when adding installation sources on the internet.