[SGVLUG] ack -- finally got "wormed" at work

Robert Leyva Robert.Leyva at warnerbros.com
Tue Aug 16 19:13:22 PDT 2005

Greets,

Um, Tom, clamwin is a _windows_ port of the Linux clamav system! Both
clamav and clamwin are GPL'd software.

I use clamav on my Linux box (I just scan my /tmp dir, as that's where
my junk goes that people send me).

At home, clamwin has found/removed virii and malware that our Norton
doesn't detect.

I'd suggest having both, as clamwin is just a filesystem scanner. It
does not stay in RAM like symantic and norton do.

I would change the default for clamwin from "just detect and log" to
"remove" in the preferences, then you might be successful against that
naughty bit of code? I highly doubt the malware would detect and disable
clamwin.

Let me know if it helps.

Me

--