[SGVLUG] FC3 install hangs

qun li liquncc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 11:45:58 PDT 2005

I tried to upgrade from RH8 to FC3 and it failed. I
was  able to do a clean re-install of RH8. When I
ttried to  do a clean install of FC3 it hanged on
first reboot config process. I saw the LICENSE
agreement screen. I clicked the "agreed" and "next"
buttons , I then saw a display of scrambled screen (
with color streaks) twice and the screen went blank.
The system seemed to hang.

There was a message when it was booting up:
      PCI :  cannot allocate resource region 4 of
device 0000:00:1f.1

I  think the Xconfig is ok because I saw the License
agreement display and the small windows when it was
starting sshd..... etc.
I   swear I didn't do anything but last night when I
turned on the machine it continued with the set up
process and rebooted  to display the login screen.
When I logged in it displays the gnome desktop. When I
 tried the application drop down menu I  got the
"color streaks" display again.
During the install FC3 detected the intel 810 video
card. Does it mean it should already  have the driver
to handle the display? thanks