[SGVLUG] Saturdays devsig mtg location?

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Thu Aug 4 19:05:04 PDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> I know Dustin put out an enquiry to see who else would be interested in
> pursuing the study of audio projects and programs and got plenty of
> make this an actual "devsig" meeting topic or was looking more for
> someone knowledgeable to learn from to begin with.

The idea came up from some music chit-chat on the UUASC mailing list.  I'm
hoping for a venue where we have enough space and freedom to make a little
noise with some musical instruments hooked up to a computer, so we can
actually play with the tools (particularly Ardour).  I'm not sure where
DevSig would meet that would allow this.

As for who leads, it depends on whether anyone shows up who knows more
than me. :-)  That wouldn't be real hard, but I think most people who
responded were interested but hadn't used ardour or the other Linux Pro
Audio tools, so I suspect that I should show what I've learned to so so
far.

I did start thinking about doing a presentation at a regular meeting, but
that would be more appropriate when I've learned more about the tools.

Dustin