[SGVLUG] Saturdays devsig mtg location?

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Aug 4 18:21:06 PDT 2005

Welcome to the Anarchy that is SGVLUG -- the short answer is "not unless you reserved the room", the marginally longer answer is "not unless SOMEBODY reserved the room", and the full answer is "oh, we're having a meeting?" ;)

Since there is no specific "designated leader" of devsig [we tried to keep Don interested in that position, but it didn't work out] the task of securing a room falls to ANYBODY, who drew the short straw from EVERYBODY.  Typically, EVERYBODY expects SOMEBODY to do this (who is, after all, the twin brother of ANYBODY), and the usual result is that this is done by NOBODY.  Of course, NOBODY wasn't in the drawing, but did it anyway.  [ok, enough of the cheesy re-write of the every/any/some/no-body saga]

Seriously, unless someobody actually took up the cause of finding a room for this month (and didn't bother to notify the list members) it is quite likely that the answer is "no".  When the "webspinners" announcement was posted, I made my own personal decision that I would likely attend their meeting this time [it meets the same day, but completely across town...] so I wasn't all that inclined to be the point-man on securing a room at the library [as I would imagine they would expect me to be in attendance...]  Given that it would be terribly short notice, I'm not entirely sure if someone were to ask NOW whether or not they could get the room.

I know Dustin put out an enquiry to see who else would be interested in pursuing the study of audio projects and programs and got plenty of responses -- I don't know offhand, however, if he is or was ready to make this an actual "devsig" meeting topic or was looking more for someone knowledgeable to learn from to begin with.