[SGVLUG] An SSH FireWall at Ihop

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Jan 10 09:36:09 PST 2024

Hi All: I am considering joining many of you tomorrow evening. Certainly I
would like to bring a laptop-and-try-and-install Arch as a multi-boot system.
Last time I brought this laptop, I noticed that ssh was seemingly blocked. This
seems rather awkward in a context where folks might need to install or update
packages in a LUG setting. Would this be addressed at this specific IHOP or at
a National level? I did inquire of Lan, but she didn't know. I think I've seen
this before at other LUGs, but it was spiratic. Thanks so much in advance of
any analysis.
Chime