[SGVLUG] SGVLUG meeting 5/11 at IHOP on Arroyo Parkway + call for speakers/topics

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:27:29 PDT 2023

1) Reminder that this week, we are having a social meeting
<https://www.meetup.com/sgvtech/events/zvpphlyfchbpb> on Thursday, May 11th
at 6:30pm.
We will be at IHOP  (880 S Arroyo Pkwy, Pasadena, CA 91105).  It's a purely
social meeting.
Braddock is graciously hosting.  I have a conflict, so I can't make it.
I'm sure our regulars will be there.

2) In an informal verbal survey at the last meeting, he group said that
they would like a mix of presentation-style and social meetings.   So
expect a mix of presentation-style and social meetings in the future.

3) If you have potential SPEAKERS or TOPICS, please make suggestions
on our Google
doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArNpQvqFQRgeoCx3TVN6yiF-3Qg2nLvyKEQeqj1UrOY/edit?usp=sharing>.
Sometimes, we run into a potential speaker who could speak on multiple
topics.

If the talk is going to be  bigger than what we can do at IHOP, please give
me a couple of month's notice so I can ask around for a bigger venue.

4) Please complete my survey <https://forms.gle/51Se8FhVixkLUKR19>.   You
may feel like you don't have a right to give any feedback because you don't
come to the meetings or can't contribute.   But the hardest part
about keeping the LUG going is doing it in the absence of any feedback.
Only eight people have filled it out so far.

Lan
ldangmlist at gmail.com