[SGVLUG] SCALE 19x this weekend

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:03:18 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Before I get into the blurb, I just wanted to say that I was at SCALE  on
Wednesday night helping to setup A/V.  It  was really nice to see the other
volunteers face-to-face again.

And it was kinda fun to be back at the hotel.  The elevators were decorated
with SCALE art and I'm told the entire conference is an escape room puzzle.

Posted a meetup notice for SCALE to SGVTech.
https://www.meetup.com/sgvtech/events/287465526

Join us at the SCALE! SCALE is the largest community run open source tech /
FOSS / pro-EFF conference and expo in North America. It is family-friendly
and caters to a diverse audience of IT professionals, hobbyists, educators
and students.

SCALE is a volunteer-run conference and many of the volunteers come from
the SGVTech community.

This year, SCALE is in the summer at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport. this
July 28-31.   We'll return to the Pasadena Convention Center next March.

You can use promo code SGVLG to get 50% off the registration cost of the
full conference pass.

https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/19x/

Please note our COVID policy here:
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/scale-19x-and-covid-19

The schedule of talks is here.
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/19x/schedule

In addition to talks and workshops, there will be UpSCALE on Friday and
Game Night on Saturday featuring a concert by MC Frontalot.  And Vint Cerf,
one of the "Fathers of the Internet", will close out the conference on
Sunday night.

Lan