[SGVLUG] SCALE, Volunteering with SCALE A/V + work session

Lan Dang ldangmlist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:04:40 PDT 2022

Hi all,

1) The Southern California Linux Expo is coming up July 25-31st.  We'll be
at the LAX Hilton this year.  The schedule is already up.  You can register
with 50% discount using promo code SGVLG.
https://socallinuxexpo.org/

Please promote this wherever you can.  The conference is being held at a
different time and location than usual, so we need to work harder to get
the word out.

2) Do we as the SGVLUG or SGVHAK  want to do anything at SCALE?

3) The A/V team is always looking for volunteers to help us with the audio
and video streaming.  Thanks to those of you who have already signed up.
If it hasn't been on your radar and you'd like to volunteer, please sign up
here:
https://forms.gle/WZp2hNNKpvzJugqB9

4) Whether or not you volunteer at SCALE, you're welcome to join us at our
next A/V work session, where we are testing our 17 custom streaming
computers.  It will be next week, Sunday, July 17th at 2pm, at Null Space
Labs in Burbank.

If possible, please bring a laptop computer with an Ethernet adapter to
connect to the computers.

We need to test the following:
1. Webpage control functionality: switch OBS layout, switch matrix source
2. Push button switch functionality for manual override of matrix
3. Sound input and output.
4. Switch screen functionality and push button display switch
5. HDMI video input and output

Null Space Labs
2522 N Ontario St
Burbank CA 91504

There is abundant street parking and limited lot parking.

Please let me know if you can make it or if you have any questions.

Lan