[SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG Meeting: Python 101 3/11

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Mar 9 00:18:32 PST 2021

Hi all,
This month, we have a guest speaker from CodeDay to reprise his beginner-friendly Python 101 workshop. I really liked his presentation and his material.  He does a good job of introducing the basics, and then he provides a bunch of resources on where to go from there.
Google Meet link https://meet.google.com/mpg-drdn-div

Meetup link: https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyccfbpb/
 This month, Andrew Schmitz will be doing a Python 101 workshop with lots of tips for self-learners.

BIO

Andrew is a high school senior that volunteers with the organization CodeDay. CodeDay aims to get more students involved in computer science, especially for underprivileged students.

ABSTRACT

Python 101 is an introductory course to the most beginner-friendly programming language around. In this presentation, Andrew will cover what sets Python apart from other languages, an introduction to basic features in Python, and how to get your programming career started.

Agenda:
6:45 - Introductions, chat
7:05 - Announcements
7:15 - Talks start

In other news, Dustin started an unofficial Discord for SCALE and SCaLE volunteers and regulars are having fun sharing photos and memories, while looking forward to SCaLE 19x.https://discord.gg/2pH9JSYYdD
Lan