[SGVLUG] Usenet Archives

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Jul 10 20:01:05 PDT 2021

usenetarchives.com has some strange rendering behaviors.  But its search
feature relies on javascript, which is probably why it isn't working
in links.
Maybe I can write a proxy for you that is more HTML friendly.

Coming at it from another angle, can we get you onto a javascript-capable
text web browser?  I'm sure you know the landscape better than I.  It looks
like elinks supported it with custom builds with old Mozilla libraries that
are now deprecated.  We might be able to hack a build of it.  It should be
possible to build something with chromium headless.

I don't know how you feel about GUI screen-readers, Chrome has
accessibility extensions available.

-braddock