[SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG Meeting: short informal talks on GNU screen, Over the Wire, OBS, 3D printing - Thu 1/14

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:24:30 PST 2021

Hi all,
Happy New Year.  We have an SGVLUG meeting this Thursday  at 7pmon Google Meet

 https://meet.google.com/sku-pjav-mqq

Here's the Meetup link
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlycccbsb/

This month, we will be doing adhoc short talks or show and tell by our members. You are more than welcome to share anything cool you have been working on or learned about.  Or go over something basic that others can learn from.  Or just come hang out and catch up with others in the group.

I will be revising my old short talk on GNU screen, a terminal multiplexer that allows you to persist your ssh session on remote Linux servers or on your local machine.   I've been using this tool professionally for over 10 years; my favorite feature has been split screen, scrollback and being able to copy/paste between multiple screens.   If you're a fan of byobu or tmux, you are welcome to give a spiel on that, as well.
I will also demonstrate how I use screen locally while also walking through how to get started with  OverTheWire: Bandit Wargames (https://overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/).

Scoops has been experimenting with Open Broadcast Studio (OBS) and 3D printing.

Agenda:
6:45 - Introductions, chat
7:05 - Announcements.
7:15 - Talk starts