[SGVLUG] Planning discussion - SGVLUG 2/11 meeting

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:01:54 PST 2021

Hi all,
If it seems that the SGVLUG meetings have been planned at the last minute, that's because they are.  I need your help.
The format last month was to demonstrate how to get started with something, and having the group contribute their own experiences and answer questions.  Last month, we covered GNU screen, OverTheWire Bandit wargames, and Open Broadcast Software Studio. The discussion was great, and actually lasted past the end of the meeting.
We don't really have anything lined up this month, except me giving a newbie introduction to Jupyter Notebooks.   I don't want that to fill up the whole meeting, so would appreciate another 1-2 short talks/demos.
You can help by:
1) Doing a short demo/presentation on topic X.  You don't have to be an expert to demonstrate it.  Just show people how easy it is to get started.
2) Being available to answer questions and discuss  Jupyter notebooks, and whatever the other topics end up being. We will update the Meetup with the topics and meeting platform on Tuesday or Wednesday.
LanPS I do not have direct experience with Jupyter notebooks, although I have known about them for years, so would really appreciate support from the audience.