[SGVLUG] Off-Topic: An RF Choke for AM Broadcast Band?

Todd Beason via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Jan 3 20:03:28 PST 2020

If the noise is coming in through power cords or other cabling then you need Mix 77 ferrites like these:

https://palomar-engineers.com/rfi-kits/am-broadcast-rfi-kits/

If it is RF interference coming in over the antenna then you will need to find the source and address it there.  Solar panels, grow lights, cheap power supplies, and anything that uses pulse width modulation for control can cause interference.