[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting on Thu 9/12 @ 7pm

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Thu Sep 12 07:30:02 PDT 2019

 If you're on Meetup, please RSVP at:https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyzmbqb/
See you tonight.
Lan

    On Thursday, September 12, 2019, 12:01:30 AM PDT, Lan Dang via SGVLUG <sgvlug at sgvlug.net> wrote:

 Hi all

Reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting this Thursday (tomorrow/today) at 7pm.  We will be at IHOP, close to the 110 FWY.

This month, new member Mica will be introducing us to DarkTable and how we can improve our digital photography.
---
TIME: Thursday, Sep 12th, from 7pm to 9pm
LOCATION: IHOP, 880 S Arroyo Pkwy, Pasadena, CA
TOPIC: "Darktable for beginners: Improving your digital photography"
SPEAKER: Mica Semrick

Topic

 With the ubiquity of cameras, photography is everywhere! If you'd like
to improve the looks of your photographs, post-processing is an
effective way to give your work the umph and sparkle that they are
missing. In this talk we'll cover the basics of darktable, a Free
Software application for processing raw photographs. There will be an
introduction to some photographic concepts and a tutorial covering the
basics of the must-use darktable modules.

Bio

Mica Semrick has been a desktop linux user since 1998. He's been making
photographs since 1995. In his free time, he's a community manager at
PIXLS.US, a community centered around Free Software for Photographers.

Lan