[SGVLUG] SCALE schedule + volunteering + SCALE booth?

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Tue Jan 29 18:10:29 PST 2019

Hi all,

I'm swamped at work, so I'm not as attentive as usual.
1)
The SCALE schedule is now online.  You can start figuring out what talks or workshops you want to attend.https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/schedule/

I noticed that when you register for the full conference, you can also register for the one-day Linux training class ($10) or one of the embedded Apprentice Linux Engineer training course  ($75, which covers the hardware, I think).

As usual, you can use our discount code "SGVLG" to get 50% off the full expo pass.

2)
As you may know, you can get into SCALE for free by volunteering.  If you're interested in volunteering with SCALE A/V, make sure you fill out my form.https://goo.gl/forms/WRuZ2HbEPSU9hsMD2
http://socallinuxexpo.github.io/scale-av-web/
If you want to join one of the other teams, you can fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevAd9_9i455GnbdbKDZTUcW85VLSN3UH5duS0nz7yz0fiTrg/viewform

3)
Will we have a booth at SCALE this year?  I felt that there was some interest, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually requested a community booth yet.  We would have to man it for late Friday afternoon, all of Saturday, and for a couple of hours on Sunday.  We could do our usual SGVLUG/SGVHAK, or we could represent all of SGVTech.  Since last year, we now have an AI and Software Engineering subgroup, as well as an active Slack channel.

Please speak up if you're interested.  I have the banner and some old swag and stickers.

Lan