[SGVLUG] Need Recommendations for a Quality E-mail Service to Replace and import Yahoo E-mails - Thunderbird can't access Yahoo

Jan Foote via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Dec 27 12:48:21 PST 2019

Hi all and Happy Holidays,
Yahoo has changed since Verizon purchased Yahoo.

They deleted 700 of my contacts and would not restore them.  Fortunately, I had them on a CSV file.  I had all of Yahoo on Thunderbird, but now Yahoo won't let TB have access.  I want a new friendlier service and I'm not concerned about the cost, I'm looking for quality and access with Thunderbird.

I really need to import all of what is on Yahoo now.  Any recommendation will be helpful.
What service do you recommend?

Lastly, I need to resolve the Yahoo no access with Thunderbird issue to see if I can get what's in Yahoo now on TB.  I'm wondering if I can install the newest version on a different computer and if Yahoo will give TB access.  All suggestions are welcome.

My TB version is 60.9.0 and newer versions are available.  Research says not to update, but to install a new version.

If I do a new version, I want to back up and save somehow what is on TB now.  Any suggestions for how to do that are appreciated.
Well, when it rains it pours, exciting problems to solve to secure my existing e-mails.

Thank you,
Jan
(323) 259-0608 Calls Only, Texts Do Not Go Through