[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting Jun 14: OpenVPN, SSH Agents and VPNFilter vulnerability

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Jun 13 21:38:51 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting on Thursday, i.e. tomorrow.

It'll be a pretty informal meeting  with Michael Starch speaking on the subject of OpenVPN, ssh-agent and the VPNFilter vulnerability.
I hope we'll have some time to talk about LUG housekeeping matters, like how we will run the July meeting* or how to organize future meetings**

This month we'll be at Du-Par's on Lake and Cordova.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyxjbsb/
TIME: Thursday, June 14th, from 7pm to 9pm
LOCATION: Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery (214 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA)
TOPIC: OpenVPN, SSH Agents and VPNFilter vulnerability
SPEAKER: Michael Starch

ABSTRACT:Michael Starch will give an informal talk about OpenVPN, SSH agents, and the recent VPNFilter vulnerability in routers. You are welcome to share your own security tips.

* Braddock has already lined up a speaker for July, but neither he nor I will be in town to run the meeting.  We have Du-Pars reserved, but we will need:
  * someone to bring the projector, extension cords, projection screen
  * someone to setup said equipment
  * someone to be the speaker's point of contact
  * someone to emcee and run the meeting
  * someone to record the presentation
  * someone to pay for the speaker's meal, as is our tradition.  (Reimbursements are handled by sending a copy of the receipt to James.)

This "someone" can be one or many people.

** I am hoping we can use our new Slack workspace to help with the organization of SGVLUG.  It should be easier to tagup for organizational meetings and perhaps leverage some automation and new blood to distribute the load of organizing and maintaining a monthly meeting and any SGVLUG-related activities.

Lan