[SGVLUG] An Interactive Boot in Debian?

Jess Bermudes via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Mon Jun 4 16:00:52 PDT 2018

I think Red Hat and CENTOS have interactive boot modes where you can
selectively enable each service. Looking it up on google a page suggests
editing the file in /etc/sysconfig/init to contain the line:

PROMPT=yes

But I don't know if it works with other distros. I'll try it on my Ubuntu
box later and see if it works there. If it does then I'd guess it would
work in Debian.

 - Jess