[SGVLUG] An Interactive Boot in Debian?

Chime Hart via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Mon Jun 4 14:47:14 PDT 2018

Hi All: Well, trying to hunt down an item with my speech, as Speakup is loading
the DecTalk drivers while booting? Can some1 please inform how can we switch to
an interactive boot, where we can better watch-and-listen to what is happening?
Also, at that point, it would be nice to send to a log. I am running Buster/Sid
with at least a 4.16 kernel. Running Grub, but I prefer LILO, as it allows a
defined letter for separate images. Thanks so much in advance
Chime