[SGVLUG] Infosec Syndicate Meetup on 1/31: Spectre/Meltdown + group projects

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Jan 19 16:20:13 PST 2018

Hi all,
If you enjoyed Jess' Spectre/Meltdown mini-talk at LUG, please come to the InfoSec Syndicate Meetup at Everbridge on Wednesday, January 31st, from 7-9pm.

Infosec Syndicate is a subgroup fo SGVTech that is interested in cybersecurity.  This is a great way to start off the year and grow this community, so spread the word to your colleagues.  Details and address at link below.

https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/246639787/

"Join us this month as we discuss the Meltdown and Spectre, one of the most fascinating and sobering security vulnerabilities ever to be discovered. We'll have a quick crash course in what made this vulnerability possible and then discuss the details of the attacks and how you can protect your machines.

"We will also discuss the plans for our group for 2018 and take feedback/suggestions as we decide if we want to work on any group projects.

LanPS I have heard that Everbridge is planning a CTF and Open House, so be sure to ask them about that, as well.